Updated: ASR Pro
In some cases, your system may display dism error code 0x800f081f. There can be many reasons for this problem.
Why did DISM fail?
If DISM didn’t complete or didn’t work on your PC, the problem is most likely with your proxy. Many users use a proxy to protect their online privacy, but sometimes your proxy can interfere with your system and cause this and other problems. To fix this, it is recommended to disable your proxy and see what helps.
DISM error 0x800f081f usually occurs after running all the “DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth” commands on a Windows 10 or Windows 8-10 computer to update a Windows image.
“Error 0x800f081f, source files not found.
Use the “source” parameter to specify the environment of the files needed to restore the feature…”
The DISM/RestoreHealth check is designed to correct situations by checking for Windows (or WSUS) updates to replace broken entries. If for some reason DISM cannot find the files needed to restore your current Windows image, you will need to set up an additional location to fix the source of the affected files.
This information provides step-by-step instructions to help you fix DISM error 0x800f081 in Windows 10 or Windows 8.
How To Fix DISM Error 0x800f081f On Windows 10/8
How do I fix DISM error 0x800F081F?
This error message basically reports that DISM was unable to find the files needed to restore the current online Windows image to its free location. The problem can be solved by running theku component, SFC scan, or by pointing DISM to the actual location containing the required files.
To fix the ‘DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth’ error type 0x800f081f, you must provide a valid Windows* image file (install.wim) that contains all the files required by the process.< /p>
* The install.wim file must be the same version, edition, and language of Windows as the installed version of Windows.
It contains an install.wim file located above each Windows installation media in this sources folder (sourcesinstall.wim). If **
** Anyone who has downloaded a Windows 10 ISO image using the Media Creation Tool will notice that your website will find an install.esd file in a Sources folder instead of an install.wim file containing the .esd installation files from many different versions of Windows 10, so it is also necessary to extract a different Windows 10 image (depending on the major version and edition of Windows installed) to use with DISM, otherwise DISM will often show the error “Failed to get source files – 0x800f081f”. . See step 2 below for detailed instructions.
If you don’t have your own Windows installation media, follow the actual instructions in step 1, go to.***
***Offer. Download the excellent Windows installation media by following the instructions in step 1, even if everyone else already has it.
Step 1: Download the Windows installation media in ISO format.
1. Run the Media Creation Tool according to your wonderful Windows version at the links below.
2. Accept the license terms.
3. Select Create media for another PC and click Next.
4. Click “Next” on the “Language, select architecture and version” screen.
5. Select the ISO file and click Next.
6. Choose a suitable location to download the Windows ISO file and click Save.
7. Be very calm until the download is complete and just move on to the next step.
Step 2: Extract the install.wim file on top of the install.esd file.
1. After the registration is completed, right-click on the Windows ISO files you downloaded and download them. *
How do I fix error code 0x800F081F in Windows 10?
Press Windows Vitaly + R on your keyboard, appwiz option. set and input.In the forced sidebar of the window, select Turn Windows sockets and features on or off.If yes, then check. NET Framework 3.5 (includes!!!If .Close our own window and see if the curves are effective.
*Note. If you are definitely using Windows 8/8 and not 1, check out this article: How to mount ISO files.
2. From the mounted Windows ISO, copy the .esd file and install it from the sources folder (for example, D:sourcesinstall.esd) if you want to take the root with C:*< /p>
* for example, in this example, the actual drive letter of the mounted Windows ISO file is D:
3. Right-click the Start menu and select Command (Administrativep).
4. Type cd to change to the storage folder drive from C:
5. Then format the following command and press Enter to see which ones are in the install.esd file:
6. Depending on the installed version of Windows 10, write down the corresponding serial number. *
*Example: If customers have Windows 10 Home installed on your system, the sequence number is usually “2”.
7. Then enter the following command to extract all “install.File wim” jars (index number): *
corresponding to your version
* Replace the serial number with the version of Windows 10 you have installed.
for example. For this reason (for a computer targeting Windows 10 Home) we want to extract the entire install.wim file with index number = 2. So the command will:
7. When the process is complete, you should be able to find the exported install.wim file on your C: drive (C:install.wim).
8. Go to step
Step 3. Run the DI ToolSM to restore a Windows image.
1. Right-click the Start menu and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” above.
2. Type the following command as usual, press Enter:
3. When the operation is complete, type the following (and press Enter).
4. Finally, restore the Windows image by specifying “C:install.wim” as a source of known-good files by running the following command:
5. When the “health recovery process” as a whole is completed, enter the following purchase (and press Enter) to complete the cleaning process:
5. When the SFC review is complete, you are really done!
How do I fix DISM source?
Press Windows + SEnter a command.Right click Command Prompt.Select Run as administrator.Type DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/StartComponentCleanup and press Enter.Type DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth and just press Enter.Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Additional help. If you’re still encountering the “Source files not found” message after following the guides above, continue troubleshooting by reading the instructions in this guide:Click here to fix all of your computer problems with this software.